Bonnie and Clyde (1967)

Thank God I finally saw this movie- Now I can understand all the references to it in other movies and television and such. Anyway, I felt that this movie was a perfect finish to an amazing semester. In this last film we could see the substantial changes in film from the previous films we watched, not only in color, but in sexual and violent content. By watching these films in chronological order I really got a sense of progression of time from the 30’s to the 60’s.

The thing that stuck out to me the most was the amount of violence. The last scene in particular, where Bonnie and Clyde get killed, had a surprising amount of it. This reminded me of another scene in The Godfather (1972) because of the unnecessary amount of bullets; both acts are meant to slaughter indiscriminately, far exceeding the usual “double-tap”.

Spoiler Alert

This was only five years after Bonnie and Clyde so I think it’s safe to say this was a major source of inspiration.

Well, this is my last post and it’s been a pleasure. Thank you class for your comments and thank you Professor Herzog!

3 Responses to “Bonnie and Clyde (1967)”

1. Denisha Bayley Says:

I agree, Bonnie and Clyde was great way to end this class. It was probably the best screening yet, in my opinion. You can really see the progression of the industry in this film. The content that was usually just in implied, like in the earlier films this semester, was blatantly there. It was kind of shocking, especially their death and the hail of bullets.

2. justindiamond Says:

I also agree. Bonnie and Clyde was the best film of the semester. I also agree that the death at the end was very shocking and unexpected.

3. what is hcg diet About Says:

what is hcg diet About